Make Goods & De-Fits
Commercial Rental Property Make Goods and De-Fits
When a commercial rental lease ends, one of the responsibilities of the tenant is to return to the premises to its pre-rental state. These works are known as ‘make goods’ or ‘de-fits’ because you are making the property good and/or removing fittings. Often, this is a contractual obligation, but even if it’s not, these works are a gentleman’s agreement. If they’re not completed the vacating tenant may be held legally accountable if these works aren’t completed.
As a demolition and hazmat removal contractor that operates in the tier one theatre, Perfect Contracting understands the level of commitment and quality required to ensure your exit is as smooth as can be. With experienced, hard-working teams that come equipped with almost every tool under the sun, we can make good or de-fit the property in record speed so that your handover happens on time – without the need for expensive reworks. Perfect has completed literally hundreds of make goods and de-fits.
We specialise in:
- …and we’ll restore your property to perfect.
Because of the difficulty of moving businesses, companies that specialise in make-goods – companies like Perfect Contracting – are an extremely wise investment. At Perfect Contracting, we fully understand the level of commitment and quality required to make your exit is as smooth as can be. With experienced, hard-working teams that come equipped with almost every tool under the sun, we can re-establish your property in record speed
Here’s a typical make-good/de-fit timeline:
6 Weeks Out.
- New premises taken over. Begin moving excess material/items from old premises to new premises.
5 Weeks Out.
- Contact Perfect Contracting for an onsite visit and quote. We will complete a thorough walk through with you to determine the scope of works. This will include;
- A site visit
- Strip out
- Concrete grinding
- Waste and rubbish removal
- Machinery and furniture relocation
4 Weeks Out.
- Finalise scope of works to be completed by Perfect Contracting. Specialised machinery/manpower/tools booked. Action plan developed.
3 Weeks Out.
- Make-good works begin. Internal linings are stripped out, any hard demo is begun, rubbish is removed.
2 Weeks Out.
- Make good works continue. Demolished areas can now allow other tradespeople in if scope is beyond Perfect’s range.
1 Weeks Out.
- Make good works completed. Lease terminated.
Make good at the end of your lease, call us today on (02) 8021 1784 for an obligation-free quote.
Request a Callback
Enter your phone number and we'll call you back within 30 min!